Sunday, October 12, 2008

Two Pairs of Gloves!

Denver Friend's Gloves

Ooops Gloves


Well...

After starting the first glove for my friend in Denver, I realized that I had made the first glove a little snug and about 10 rows too short. So below is actually the first glove for my friend, but the second glove that I made. This brought me to another dilemma, I needed to spin more yarn in order to have enough to complete at least one more glove. I decided to attempt to spin the same amount from the same roving and then I would have identical yarn and the gloves would all match. Good theory, but it did not work out quite right. Oddly enough, I did end up with only ten yards more of the second batch of yarn, and the patterning did match up perfectly for the mate to the first(oops) glove, however as I started the mate to my friends glove, I soon noticed that well-they would match but not match up. It is okay! So goes life with wonderful handspun yarns. Now I have pics of both sets of gloves and they turned out wonderfully although not perfectly matched.

3 comments:

Beth said...

They may not be a "perfect" match but I still think they are beautiful!

Brenda Groboski said...

Thank you for stopping by and for the wonderful compliments :)

Unknown said...

I think they are beautimus and I can't wait to see them in person! Great job Brenda! :)