Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hummus :)

Okay! Okay! Hummus

15 ounce can of garbonzo beans - drain and set liquid aside
1 clove fresh garlic
2 tblsp tahini or 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
1 tbsp of olive oil (I sometimes omit this with good results)
1 tsp powdered garlic or 2 tsp if you have no fresh on hand
2 tsp tamari or regular soy sauce if you have no tamari
2 tsp cut pimento
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

Put beans and all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If you like incredibly thick Hummus then omit any of the reserved bean liquid. If you want to use as a spread rather than a dip....add up to half of the reserved liquid. Chill for at least an hour for flavors to meld.

Test other additions such as jalepenos, black olives (drained), onion, green onion, sun-dried tomatoes. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Hippie Dippy Designs said...

I saw the title for this post in my BlogRoll and I just had to click it. I love hummus! Thanks for sharing. = )