Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gloves Complete and No Cooking Tomorrow!




I finished the hand-dyed hand-knit fingerless gloves last night. Here they are:




I have enough of this yarn left to make another pair of similar gloves :)

Lately I have figured out the technique for navajo-plying as you go. I watched a video several months ago and it finally sank in that this could work. The disadvantage is that the largest skein I get on my small spindle is about 20 yards. That is an ideal amount if someone just plans to use the yarn for embellishments or a few stripes in a sock, but anything larger will require dealing with the small knots. Personally I never have problems with hiding the small knots. The only item where knots prove ominous is socks-knots in sock cuff ok, but not anywhere else.

I will try making some bulky yarn with navajo-plying on one of my larger spindles and see what I get for yardage there. If anyone has any tips or suggestions feel free to leave a comment :)

1 comment:

Kim Caro said...

very cool congrats on finishing them up